So I was “book tag hunting” again today and I found this interesting book tag called The Book Blogger Test on several different blogs. I wasn’t tagged but I decided I would participate anyway 🙂
Without further ado…here are the questions!
What are your top three book pet hates?
1. I hate it when people fold down the corner of a book page – I feel like its abusing the book!!
2. I don’t like seeing people mistreat their book(s) by throwing them around or drawing/annotating/writing in them. I just think it’s disrespectful!
3. Boring books – I hate it when a book I was all geared up about turns out to be really boring.
Describe your perfect reading spot
Weirdly enough I’ve never actually imagined a “perfect reading spot..” So just off the top of my head – my perfect reading spot is probably a really comfy beanbag or cushioned chair. Definitely, something that’s soft and won’t make my butt sore 😀
Tell us three book confessions.
1. Despite the fact that a lot of people don’t like the last book in the Divergent series, I think the ending was most realistic as it is. My confession is that I would not the change the book so that one character lives and the other dies in her place.
2. I prefer YA books with some romantic content because relationships in books are so sweet!!! 😛 And then I can start shipping characters together!
3. I read when I’m supposed to be doing homework or studying for a test..(Mom, dad, pretend you didn’t see this and keep reading the rest of my blog post:)
When was the last time you cried during a book?
This one’s kinda hard…because I rarely cry during a book. I mean I feel empathy for the characters and everything but that empathy doesn’t exactly manifest in the form of tears. But as cliche as this sounds, the last time I cried during a book was probably while reading The Fault in our Stars (a year ago).
How many books are on your bedside table?
One or two but they’re all assigned books from school. I have a lot of books on my Kindle though!
What is your favorite snack to eat while you’re reading?
I have a sweet tooth so a cookie (preferably chocolate-chip) is fun to munch while reading.
Name three books you would recommend to everyone.
1. Harry Potter (series)
2. The Hunger Games (series)
3. Divergent (series)
Show us a picture of your favorite shelf on your bookcase.
Sorry – no picture. Most of my favorite books are packed away neatly because I needed room for all my school textbooks 😦 Now I just use my kindle to read.. space is an issue at home.
Write how much books mean to you in three words.
Life, love and adventure.
What is your biggest reading secret?
I don’t exactly have a “reading secret” – after all, I am an open book so to speak. But I will tell you a secret – I try to avoid reading non-fiction as much as possible. (I have nothing against the genre 🙂
Who I’m Tagging:
(If you’ve already done this book tag before and I’ve tagged you -> apologies! If you haven’t and you want to participate, please leave a link in the comments 🙂