So I found this tag in my wordpress reader and thought I’d try something new and participate! 🙂
1. Do you have a specific place for reading?
I don’t care where I read as long as it’s comfortable and I have a place to sit. Usually I read at my desk at home though.
2. Book mark or random piece of paper?
Sometimes I use random pieces of paper but I do have a pretty big bookmark collection that I select from for “special books.”
3. Can you just stop anywhere in a book or do you have to stop at the end of a chapter?
Anywhere although sometimes I try to finish a chapter if I’m really hooked.
4. Do you eat or drink when reading?
Yes. Normally I like to take small snack breaks with a book or even finish a smoothie while I’m reading.
5. Music or TV on when reading?
I really like to focus on just reading so I find watching TV or listening to music while reading an unwanted distraction.
6. One book at a time or several?
I like reading several books at a time because I find it fun to immerse myself in the different storylines. Although, the downside to this is that I end up comparing the books.
7. Reading at home or elsewhere?
I’m not picky – I don’t care where I read as long as I can immerse myself in the story. I read whenever I can – on the subway, at home, in the library, on the bus…
8. Read out loud or silently?
I don’t like reading out loud because it feels less personal.
9. Do you read ahead or skip pages?
Sometimes I read ahead if I’m really excited about the book but I try not to because I don’t want any spoilers. I don’t skip pages unless there are scenes that make me uncomfortable.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
I like keeping the book new but since I “inherited” my father’s Kindle, a few months ago, I’ve been reading more Kindle books than physical copies.
11. Do you write in your books?
I would never and will never write in my books!!! I feel like writing in a book is equivalent to committing a crime 😛
12. Who are you tagging?
Anyone who wants participate and my friend at http://www.thebooknecessity.wordpress.com